Monday, May 16, 2005

Journalistic Excellence

In no way is the title of this post meant to be linked to any mud that I post, which masquerades as a poorly written blog, rather it is a tribute to the writers of www.afl.com.au, which is surely the last bastion of excellent journalism.

Earlier on, I posted a quote about that fat Essendon aboriginal bloke - whose name escapes me now - and although I was beseiged by some lazy public servant pulling the race card on me, I went on to - in my estimation - accurately portray the portly abilities of Dean 'the podgey one' Rioli, as opposed to those that were posted on the aforementioned web-site.

Now fancy my total exasperation as I was checking out the AFL website today and I came across this pearler...

"Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy has lauded the performance of excitement machine Andrew Lovett, who booted five goals in his side's 35-point victory over Fremantle at Telstra Dome on Sunday."

Read that again... 'excitement machine'!!!

Guess what race Lovett is?! Someone answer me this, why are aboriginals always either 'excitement machines' or 'live wires'? Please explain this to me! I need to know theses things! For once, would it hurt for the media to use another label (unless it's 'Dean Rioli' and 'classy')?

And why can't white guys be excitement machines? Is it a physiologial thing? Does it require a higher level of fast twitch muscle fibres? And if this is the case, why is it not documented?

No comments: